Monday, January 20, 2014

Week 2 :: January 4-10 :: 2014.

Back to School, masks, illness, doctors, museums and solid food...

Well here I am on Sunday morning.  I had originally meant to write every Friday night... so much for that idea!  I don't know if there are any other moms who will even glance at this blog (after all, it is not meant for that), but I hope that any that do, can relate!  I did think that I would be able to stick to my schedule for at least a couple weeks, alas, it didn't work out.  It's all part of embracing the chaos...as is letting my 3 year old pour cup after cup of water into the food processor container (you know the one with the hole in it that never allows the container to fill up and instead drains it all over the floor) while I try and write this post!  That's what towels are for, right?! At least he is being quiet and he is trying to clean up the water with a towel while he works!

The main reason I didn't get around to writing on Friday is that I was EXHAUSTED!  I don't use that word lightly anymore.  In all honesty, I cannot remember a time that I wasn't at least a little bit tired (being pregnant with and having brand new twins will do that to you!), but this week was extra tiring.  Mainly because Annika is sick.  I got a grand total of about 17 hours of broken sleep between Sunday night and Friday.  Thankfully I got a good nap on Friday after school and a better night sleep the last two, so I am feeling refreshed and almost ready to face my week :).

My exhaustion is nothing when I think about the rough week my poor girlie had :(  She has another respiratory infection,, an eye infection, an ear infection, and croup.  Boo!  We went to the doctor on Wednesday and then again on Friday.  She is on antibiotics, steroids and eye drops.  She got super hoarse and her cry is nothing short of the most pathetic sound I have ever heard.  Poor little lady!  Luckily, as of today, she seems to be on the mend and is such a happy baby princess!

In addition to doctor's appointments for Annika, we also had a procedure for me to see if my tubes had been successfully blocked after my Essure placement in September.  They are not.  Another boo.

Overall though, it was a pretty good week!  I never like one of the kids to be sick, but Annika is such a trooper and it didn't seem to affect any of the others.  This big boys went back to school on Monday.  It is so bittersweet.  I miss them terribly and want them to do everything with me (forever if possible!), but they are happy at school and it is nice to spend more quality time with the other three without having to think about Vince and Damon.

Here is a quick list of the highlights from our week:

  • decorating Mardi Gras masks with Denver Broncos themes!
  • getting my washing machine fixed!  (who would have ever thought I would be super excited for this?!)
  • Going to the Denver Museum of Nature and Science with Kurtis, the twins, Chloe and John.  We had a fabulous time even with the massive tantrum Kurtis decided to throw.  My favorite part of his best three year old tantrums are the exact moment his focus switches and he goes from hellacious flailing to the sweetest, "I'm good mom!" in the blink of an eye!  It may take me a few seconds longer to switch gears, but he doesn't seem to notice/care!
  • Playing Mario Kart with Vince 20 minutes past bedtime to win a new cup together
  • Feeding Annika and Dominic peas (they liked them) and avocadoes (they LOVED them)
  • Well check appointments for Annika (who was not all that well that particular day, but very well in general) and Dominic!  Annika is 12 lbs 6 oz (almost triple her birth weight!) and 25 inches long.  Dominic is 12 lbs 1 oz and 26.5 inches long.
  • Calling 911 for the first time!  The only reason this is a 'good' highlight and not a bad one is that it was no one was injured.  Kurtis locked himself in the car and proceded to buckle his seatbelt.  He can buckle up by himself, but not unbuckle.  We were at the grocery store and I had to call 911 in order for the very sweet dispatch lady to place the call through to the fire department.  About 6 extremely nice firefighters showed up at my car in about 3 minutes and had Kurtis out in less than 7 minutes.  They were awesome! (And attractive at that, I told my single cousins we might have to set up a similar situation when they are out here next month!)
  • Watching my boys jump on the trampoline together
  • When I asked what happened to the brand new pack of tortillas I bought and Kurtis told me, "Rampage ate them (very matter of fact).  Sorry mom!"  Which I took to mean, "I fed them all to the dog!"
  • Damon and his brilliant mind!  He asked some amazing questions on the morning car rides this week.  I am in love with the way his brain works!

And my hour is almost up (I had to go stop Kurtis from flooding the kitchen and break up a quickly escalating argument between Shark Boy and baby Shark Boy (aka Damon and Vince), and replace a couple pacifiers).  Time to go watch the Broncos win an AFC west division championship!







No comments:

Post a Comment